Tom Crutchfield is a certified public accountant with over twenty years of experience in the accounting industry.
Prior to joining Burdette Smith & Bish LLC, Tom was a partner at Ryan Sharkey & Crutchfield CPAs and Accountants and an audit specialist at KPMG LLP. He joined Burdette Smith & Bish LLC in 2012. He specializes in accounting and tax advisory services for small businesses, professional services entrepreneurs, information technology, and government contracting industries.
Tom is a graduate of Radford University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. An avid horse and dog lover, he is also a co-owner of Claim-2-Fame Stables, a thoroughbred racing operation, and attends the Preakness every year.
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia (CPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
Community service, past and present
- Past-Board of Directors, Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors – VSCPA Education Foundation
- Member – VSCPA Peer Review Committee
Area of Expertise
- Financial reporting – audit
- Financial reporting – Review and compilation
- Business entity selection
- Business succession planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business (partnership, S corp, C corp)
- Single Member LLCs
- Trusts and Estates
- Retirement planning
- Financial planning
- Peer Review