Joe English brings over thirty years of accounting experience to the firm as a certified public accountant, a registered investment advisor, and personal financial specialist.
Joe began his accounting career with the firm in 1988 and became a partner in 1998. Joe’s focus is on financial statements, audits, reviews, compilations, and tax planning and compliance for individuals and businesses.
Joe earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, West Virginia. His clients include government contractors, construction contractors, software developers, medical professionals, manufacturers, auto service & repair shops, craft breweries, private schools, and youth associations.
Joe is actively involved in supporting the activities of his three children. He has served as a league director, a state licensed coach, and as a USSF referee.
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia (CPA)
- Licensed in the District of Columbia
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
Honors and awards
- Virginia Business magazine – Top Virginia CPA – 2005-2011
Community service, past and present
- United States Soccer Federation – Referee
- Board of Directors – South Run Oaks HOA
- President, Rotary Club of Burke
- Board of Directors – South Fairfax Chamber of Commerce
- Fairfax County General District Court
- Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Court
- Stafford County General District Court
Area of Expertise
- Financial reporting – audit
- Financial reporting – Review and compilation
- Business entity selection
- Business succession planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Retirement planning
- Financial planning
- Expert witness
- Business (partnership, S corp, C corp)
- Single Member LLC’s