Beth Moffett has over twenty-five years of experience in business; she is a certified public accountant and a chartered global management accountant.
With over eighteen years of experience in accounting and nine years in the arts management field, Beth brings a strong background in providing management, financial advisory, and accounting support services to small and emerging businesses, and to not-for-profit organizations. She was employed as a supervisor at Goodman & Company from 2001 to 2004. Beth joined The Burdette Smith Group PC (BSG) in 2004 as a manager then served as an associate principal until joining the partner ranks in 2012. Her clients include doctors, attorneys, architects, small government contractors and not-for-profits.
Beth earned her Master of Science in Accounting from George Mason University and Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Nebraska, at Omaha. With strong military ties in multiple generations of her family, Beth is an avid & willing traveler.
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia (CPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
Honors and awards
- Top Virginia CPA – Virginia Business Magazine – 2008, 2011 2012
Community service, past and present
- Board Member and Finance Committee – Arts Council of Fairfax County
- Advisory Board Member – Freedom Bank of Virginia
- Leadership Council – Ravensworth Baptist Church
- President – Northern Chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants Board
- Chair – Building Renovation Committee – Ravensworth Baptist Church