Debbie Harris has over thirty years of experience in public accounting.
Debbie began her career with a local CPA firm in 1989. In 2000, she joined the Burdette Smith Group PC (BSG). In 2012, BSG merged with Bish & Haffey PC to become Burdette Smith & Bish LLC. Debbies’s specialties include planning, supervision and administration of accounting support engagements, tax planning and compliance for businesses and individuals, and financial reporting services to small and emerging businesses. Her clients include government contractors, personal service companies and information technology companies.
Debbie is a graduate of George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. Debbie enjoys cooking (to the delight of her co-workers), traveling and spending time in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico.
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia (CPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Business magazine – Top Virginia CPA
Community Service, Past and Present
- Treasurer, Chantilly Youth Association
- Volunteer, various organizations within Fairfax County schools
Area of Expertise
- Government contract accounting
- Accounting support services, bookkeeping services
- Small business compliance services
- Business entity selection
- Business (partnership, S corp, C corp)
- Single Member LLCs
- Trusts and Estates