Carolyn Lohr has over thirty years of experience as a certified public accountant.
Carolyn started her career at Moore & Campbell PC in Roanoke, Virginia before moving to the Northern Virginia area and joining Bish and Haffey, PC. In 2012 Bish & Haffey PC merged with The Burdette Smith Group to become Burdette Smith & Bish LLC. Carolyn’s specialties include tax advisory services for individuals, businesses, estates, and trusts. In addition, she provides consulting services to small businesses. Her clients include trusts, estates, attorneys, political consultants, and real estate investors.
Carolyn is a graduate of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (Virginia Tech) with a Bachelor of Science in Business with a Major in Accounting.
Carolyn has been actively involved in supporting the activities of her three children, who all participated in sports at the college level. She has served in every capacity from scorekeeper, coach, player agent, board member, and general sports fanatic. When she is not attending a sporting event, she enjoys hiking and kayaking at her parents’ home in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.
- Licensed in Commonwealth of Virginia (CPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
Community Service, Past and Present
- Treasurer-Robinson Athletic Boosters
- Treasurer-Lindsay Park Homeowners’ Association
- Player Agent – Fairfax National Little League
- Soccer Coach
- Basketball Coach and Scorekeeper
- CCD Teacher/Church Volunteer
- Girl Scout/Cub Scout Volunteer
Area of Expertise:
- Business entity selection
- Business succession planning
- Estate Administration
- Retirement planning
- Financial planning
- Single-member LLCs
- Trust & Estates