Jeff Smith has over thirty years of experience as a certified public accountant.
Jeff started his career with a local CPA firm in 1983. In 1989, he joined what was to be The Burdette Smith Group PC (BSG) and became a shareholder in 1995. In 2012, BSG merged with Bish & Haffey PC to become Burdette Smith & Bish LLC. Jeff’s specialties include planning, supervision and administration of financial reporting engagements, tax planning and compliance for businesses and employee benefit plans, management and advisory services to small and emerging businesses, and mergers and acquisition issues. His clients include construction companies, pension plans, not-for-profits, private banking, government contractors, and information technology companies.
Jeff is a graduate of George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. Jeff’s favorite sport is Mason basketball, where he is a season-ticket-holder.
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia (CPA)
- Licensed in the state of New York (CPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
Honors and awards
- Accountant of the Year – GMU Accounting Honors Fraternity
- Top Virginia CPA – Virginia Business Magazine 2005
Community service, past and present
- George Mason University Foundation Board of Trustees
- George Mason University Patriot Club Advisory Board
- Former Instructor – George Washington University