Charlie Bish has over forty years of experience as a certified public accountant and registered investment advisor.
Charlie started his career at Price Waterhouse Coopers working as an auditor before leaving in 1979 to start his own firm, Bish & Haffey PC. From 1979 to 2011, Charlie was its managing shareholder. In 2012 Bish & Haffey PC merged with The Burdette Smith Group to become Burdette Smith & Bish LLC. Charlie’s specialties include tax planning and compliance for individuals, businesses, estates, and trusts, in addition to management and accounting consulting to small businesses. His clients include attorneys, political consultants, and real estate investors.
Charlie is a graduate of the College of William & Mary with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He also played short-stop for the W&M Tribe.
- Licensed in Commonwealth of Virginia (CPA)
- Licensed in District of Columbia (CPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
Honors and awards
- Smart CPA – 2008, Smart CEO Magazine
- Washingtonian – April 2016, Who to go to for Financial Advice, Tax Accountants
Community service, past and present
- Advisory Board Member – The Business Bank
- President & Treasurer – Leigh Mill Meadows Community Council
- Chairman – Legislative Committee and Public Relations Committee of the Northern Chapter of the VSCPA
- Treasurer – The Canadian American Business Council
- Executive Committee member – The Waterfront Festival for the benefit of the Alexandria Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Treasurer – The Barker Foundation
- President – Northern Chapter of the Alumni of the College of William & Mary